Wednesday 9 May 2012

Aamir stole concept of my show: Rakhi

MUMBAI: Rakhi Sawant has done it again! This time she claims that Aamir Khan's much talked about show, Satyamev Jayate, is a copy of her show, Rakhi ka Insaaf.

The show is a complete copy of Rakhi ka Insaaf. They (the production house) have stolen our concept. The format of my show was similar. There was a point when I was so disturbed after meeting the various people who came on the show with their problems that I had to be hospitalised, since I was suffering from depression.

My show was shifted to a late night slot because of its mature content, but it still registered good TRPs. On the other hand, just because Satyamev Jayate has Aamir Khan, the show is being aired in the morning slot and people are talking about it.

I have nothing against Aamir. He is a great guy and I am indebted to him for life. He stood up for me at a time when there was nothing good going for me. In fact, he should be made PM of the country. Seriously, he is genuine and does intelligent work.

My only issue is that if Aamir Khan decides to do a show like this, it is termed social work, but if Rakhi Sawant anchors a similar show it is termed as business and a means to garner TRPs.

The courts will interfere in my show and say that 'Lets solve these issues' we don't need a show for this. Aren't these double standards? I don't have problems with the remuneration, - Aamir Khan gets rupees 3 crore for doing this show and I got Rs5 lakh for it!

Many news channels have earlier hit on these subjects but there was no fast track code set up by the government and I am no one to comment on this. There is nothing original about Aamir's show, because Rakhi ka Insaaf had already done all that.

No comments:

Post a Comment