Tuesday 28 February 2012

Senate ticket is not my fee: Aitzaz

ISLAMABAD: Barrister Aitzaz Ahsan, counsel for Prime Minister Syed Yousuf Raza Gilani in contempt of court case said I wanted all three who have signed the summary be summoned by the court, Geo News reported.

While talking to reporters after the hearing was adjourned for March 07, he said the Supreme Court (SC) has summoned Nargis Sethi as witness.

Former law minister Babar Awan and Secretary Law Muhammad Masood Chishti refused to appear as witnesses.

If the documents presented before the bench would be proven correct, there would be no need of Awan and Chishti to appear as witness. Prime minister's statement would be needed after the evidences.

Upon responding to the question regarding Senate ticket, he said I am a parliamentarian and wanted to go there again and the Senatorship is not my fee. I will remain in Pakistan People's Party (PPP).

No comments:

Post a Comment